Llandudno Football Club have very generously allowed us to use some of their land to erect up to two 20′ by 10′ sheds.
We have been very busy building the first shed there, work-parties are encouraged to attend and help, Thursdays seem to be a good day.
- Setting out the base was the hardest part and the least well attended work group. It was initially felt that we could just support the base on blocks. However, the base was so flimsy that is needed to be supported along the full width and length so the ground needed to be prepared for a gravel base to lay the boards down.
- Placing the floor and erecting the walls was a very hectic session. After laying the base we screwed a 3″ x 2″ sole plate all around to add stability, this would later form part of a second floor. It was at this point that we discovered the shed was not 20′ x 10′ but 18′ 4″ x 8′ 10″ There was some extra assembly needed to the wall panels which were then screwed together.
- Assembling the roof trusses was interesting but we got it right on the second attempt.
- Laying the roof panels highlighted the slight imperfections in our work, but they are on now with just a bit of fettling to be done. Update, the roof panels were taken off and refitted???
5. Windows and doors were fitted next. This made for a pleasant morning for one person.
8. New inner floor completed.
This will be the ‘Dirty Shed’ used for woodworking projects. The second shed on this site, the ‘Clean Shed’ will be purchased soon but it will not be from the same supplier. The Clean shed will be used for electronics and computing.